What if you had the chance for a fresh start every four weeks?
What would you do with the opportunity for a NEW New Year’s Resolution every month?
How would life look?
If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll have seen regular posts and stories on my New Moon and Full Moon reflections and rituals. You can also see my Instagram posts from my homepage here if you’re not on Instagram.
As a staunchly pragmatic AND intuitive person, I follow the cycles of the moon because 1) it’s really helpful to have an external structure for goal-setting and achievement and 2) the cycles of the moon resonate with me.
This previous post goes into more detail about the benefits of nature-based goal-setting. The June 2019 New Moon is Monday, June 3rd, so it’s the perfect time to think about what you want this month.
What DO you want this month?
Here is a set of questions you can mull over or spend some time journaling.
June New Moon Reflection Questions
Grab your journal and a pen or your journaling app – whatever you use. Set aside about 10 minutes (or more, if you’d like).
- What’s one thing you want for this month? Just pick one, any one.
- What will that one thing get you?
- And what will THAT one thing get you?
- Write about what your life looks like with this goal achieved. Just start writing (in present tense!!) about what your day-to-day life looks like with that goal achieved. Remember to keep it present tense and positive.
- Before you conclude, what do you notice? Just jot down whatever comes to mind. Whatever arises is just right for you, just let it flow.
Let me know how this exercise goes for you! Would love to hear about your experience.